Archives of Manitoba
Research From a Distance
For those unable to visit the Archives in Winnipeg, we offer several services for researching from a distance:
- Search online resources, including the Keystone Archives Descriptive Database.
- Some of the Archives' holdings are available on microfilm, through inter-institutional loans. See our Microfilm Program for more details.
- Researchers may send inquiries by telephone, fax, regular mail and e-mail. Archives staff will conduct limited general research or help you prepare for a research visit. Read more information on HBCA reference inquiries.
- For more detailed research, distance researchers may need to consider consulting a professional researcher.
- Reproductions of records of all media can be provided. See Copy and Reproduction Services for details on costs and procedures.