Manitoba Municipal Heritage Site No. 144

 
 

Masonic Lodge
1 First Street,
Emerson

Masonic Lodge

Designation Date: March 11, 1997
Designation Authority: The Town of Emerson
Present Owner: Emerson-Franklin (M)

Masons at Emerson were amongst the first in Manitoba to form a lodge, but only in 1921, with the construction of this building, did they have a formal home. Currently being restored as a museum, the building retains all of its original character. The symbolic components of the order, as well as the regalia for meetings are all intact, from the red floor and blue ceiling, to the altars and chairs, voting box and chimes. The original part of the building, with the gable roof, is highlighted by the classically detailed entrance façade. The flat-roofed section was added in 1948 for additional meeting space.

Return to list by Site Name or by Area