Becoming an English-French translation supplier
At this time, Translation Services is looking for English-French translators only. Qualified individuals and firms are invited to submit their applications if they meet the following criteria.
An individual translator must:
- hold a bachelor's degree in translation or in a related discipline.
- be a certified translator in good standing of a provincial or territorial professional association affiliated with the CTTIC, have at least five years of full-time experience in English-French translation or have worked as a senior translator-reviser for the Government of Manitoba Translation Services Branch.
- have at least one staff translator who:
- holds a bachelor's degree in translation or a related discipline.
- is a certified translator in good standing of a provincial or territorial professional association affiliated with the CTTIC, has at least five years of full-time experience in English-French translation or has worked as a senior translator-reviser for the Government of Manitoba Translation Services Branch.
- agree to provide any translations done or fully revised by a staff translator who meets the above criteria.
If you meet the above criteria, please submit your application by:
- downloading the application form.
Translation Firms Individual Translators
(Note that this form is in MS Excel format and must be completed and returned in the same format.)
- completing the form, filling out all applicable fields.
- returning the form and five translation samples of 500 words each: e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will assess all proposals, but only selected suppliers will be contacted.
Please note that Translation Services is currently accepting proposals for the 2013-2014 fiscal year. Only proposals received by November 15, 2012 will be considered for contracts in the fiscal year starting April 1, 2013.
back to top