Within the rolling hills of southwestern Manitoba is Rivers
Campground. This park consists of 38 hectares of mixed grass
prairie, and the campground is located on Lake Wahtopanah,
a reservoir that was created by damming the Little Saskatchewan
River. The name Wahtopanah is a form of a native word watopapinah
meaning “canoe people.” Rivers was named in 1908
after Sir Charles Rivers Wilson, Chairman of the Board of Directors
of the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway.