- Shop around for a lawyer and meet some prospects before you commit to one.
- Learn what they can offer and what they will charge.
- Ask for advice from friends, relatives and others you trust.
- Your banker or a financial advisor may provide recommendations.
- Visit The Law Society of Manitoba to check credentials.
Visit the Manitoba Real Estate Association website to learn about dealing with real estate agencies.
For laws that govern real estate brokers and real estate property transactions in Manitoba see:
The Manitoba Securities Commission also offers a downloadable guide from The Manitoba Real Estate Association at http://www.mbrealestate.ca/home_buyers/mrea-home-owners-handbook.html.
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact:
The Manitoba Securities Commission – Real Estate Division
500-400 St. Mary Avenue
Winnipeg MB R3C 4K5
Telephone: 204 945-2562 in Winnipeg; Toll Free: 1-800 655-5244