The Motor Vehicle Advertising and Information Disclosure Regulation came into effect on June 1, 2015. Key elements of the Regulation include:
- Advertised prices must be the total price for the vehicle and must include all additional charges (except for the retail sales tax and federal goods and services tax).
- Advertised prices must not be calculated based on the inclusion of any special deduction, including the value of a trade-in or the value of a cash down payment.
- An advertisement may be placed only if the vehicle is in the dealer's inventory at the advertised price.
For more information, please see:
- The Consumer Protection Act – Part XXIV
- Motor Vehicle Advertising and Information Disclosure Regulation