Not long ago, using a cell phone meant enduring a high pressure sales pitch to sign a barely understood contract that sometimes contained annoying and expensive surprises. It's why the Manitoba government acted to make cell phone service contracts clear and fair. Five major consumer benefits of Manitoba's cell phone regulations are:
- Cancellation fees must be reasonable.
- Ads and contracts must disclose minimum monthly costs.
- No unilateral changes can be made to contracts.
- Automatic contract renewals are limited.
- Consumers must receive a complete copy of their contract before it begins.
Find out more about how Manitoba protects cell phone service consumers at http://www.gov.mb.ca/cca/cpo/cellphone_helpful_info.html.