Manitoba Prenatal Benefit
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of eating healthy during pregnancy.
What does the benefit provide?
- A connection to early prenatal care
- A monthly benefit to help you eat healthy foods during pregnancy
- Referrals to a Healthy Baby Community Support program and resources
To apply for the Benefit, you need to:
- Fill out an application form. An application form can be downloaded from this site, picked up in medical offices, community agencies, and government offices, or can be obtained from the Healthy Child Manitoba Office (phone number below).
- Provide a medical note from your health care provider, confirming your pregnancy and expected due date.
The amount you will receive is based on your income. You could get between $10.00 to $81.41 a month. If you are approved for the benefit, you can start to receive monthly cheques in your second trimester of pregnancy until the month your baby is due.
Click here to view
the Manitoba Prenatal Benefit Regulation.
To learn more about the Manitoba Prenatal Benefit, call 204-945-1301 (in Winnipeg) or toll free at 1-888-848-0140 (outside Winnipeg).
A partnership of:
Manitoba Education and Training • Manitoba Families • Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living •
Manitoba Indigenous and Municipal Relations • Manitoba Justice • Manitoba Sport, Culture and Heritage / Status of Women