Minnesota Schools' Counsellors Familiarization
Tour to Manitoba
At the invitation of the Province of Manitoba, a group of Minnesota Schools’ Counselors were on a three-day familiarization tour of Manitoba colleges and universities in November 7 – 9, 2011.
Minnesota Public Radio (MPR) on the Tuition Reciprocity Agreement between Manitoba and Minnesota: http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2011/12/12/manitoba-university-reciprocity/
For information on the Reciprocity Program with the State of Minnesota: www.gov.mb.ca/ie/domestic/minnesota.html
Manitoba Powerpoint Presentation (5.42 MB PPT)
Why study in a Manitoba university/college?
- Quality with Affordability: Manitoba offers internationally recognized education in leading-edge facilities and excellent classrooms with first rate teachers and professors. Manitoba’s tuition fees are among the most affordable in Canada.
- Tuition Reciprocity: Minnesota students who attend participating schools in Manitoba pay the resident tuition rate for that school. Annual tuition fees for full-time students from Minnesota who are registered in undergraduate programs at Manitoba post-secondary institutions party to the reciprocity agreement range from approximately $3,000 - $3,500 per year.
- Safe and Welcoming: Manitoba’s safe and supportive environment offers student support services, quality health care, and a variety of housing options.
- Work Experience: Minnesota students are eligible to work off-campus and gain valuable work experience.
- Tuition Rebate Program: Post secondary students who graduate and stay to work in Manitoba are eligible for a 60% Tuition Tax Rebate of up to $25,000 CAD.
- Proximity: Manitoba’s and Minnesota’s capital cities of Winnipeg and Minneapolis/St. Paul are only 90 minutes apart by airplane or less than a day’s drive.
- Free Provincial Healthcare coverage for international students (Effective April 1, 2012)
Former Missions to Minnesota
The Province of Manitoba (Canada) invites Minnesota Schools Counsellors to a Familiarization (FAM) Tour and complementary hospitality in Winnipeg
When: November 7 - 9, 2011
- invitation Letter (112 KB PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (19 KB PDF)
- Registration Form (45 KB PDF)
- Manitoba Powerpoint Presentation (5.42 MB PPT)
Come and acquaint yourself with Manitoba’s educational opportunities available to post-secondary students from Minnesota. You will have the opportunity to learn about - Manitoba’s accredited public and private universities and colleges including: University of Manitoba, University of Winnipeg, Canadian Mennonite University, Brandon University, Université de Saint-Boniface and Winnipeg Technical College.
Join the FAM Tour, and learn more about what Manitoba has to offer students from Minnesota!
This FAM Tour is made available to high school counsellors. Accommodation, meals and transportation costs are covered by the Manitoba Council for International Education, the Province of Manitoba, and the Government of Canada.