Manitoba's professional arts sector includes genres and arts practice in writing, dance, theatre, music, visual and media arts. It is comprised of artists, arts organizations, and collectives in both official languages, and Indigenous nations and communities. Please share your views on how Manitoba can help our professional arts sector thrive.
1. What should be done to ensure that the arts community continues to meet the highest standards of professional arts creation or programming? How can a new cultural policy address the particular demands of marketing the arts to audiences and consumers both within and outside of Manitoba?
2. How can the high degree of connectivity and collaboration among Manitoba's professional artists and arts organizations to best advantage? Where might there be opportunities for increased coordination, consolidation, shared resources or efficiency?
3. How can the cultural community ensure the full range of diverse Manitoban voices is expressed, represented and developed in the professional arts (including women, ethno-cultural minorities, people with disabilities, urban/rural and Indigenous peoples)?
4. What are the training and professional development challenges for Manitoba artists?
5. Is the operating model of the Manitoba Arts Council still appropriate? How can it be modernized or improved?