Invest in Manitoba
Workforce: Manitoba Statutory Holidays
There are eight general holidays throughout the year:
- New Year's Day, January 1
- Louis Riel Day (3rd Monday in February)
- Good Friday
- Victoria Day, the Monday preceding May 25
- Canada Day, July 1
- Labour Day, first Monday in September
- Thanksgiving Day, second Monday in October
- Christmas Day, December 25
Individual employers may grant additional days and collective agreements may include additional days off.
Note: Remembrance Day (November 11) is not a General Holiday under Manitoba labour legislation, however most industries in Manitoba are not allowed to operate that day, with some specified exceptions.
Source: Manitoba Labour Programs - Employment Standards Branch