Growth, Enterprise and Trade
Manitoba is positioned to become a Canadian leader in renewable-energy by decreasing reliance on non-renewable fossil fuels and the increased use of geothermal heat pumps for the heating and cooling of homes and buildings.
- The International Institute for Sustainable Development is headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- Manitoba Hydro is one of Canada’s most active leaders in the energy and environment sector, with funding programs for renewable energy production, energy efficiency, eco-innovation, bio-products, climate change mitigation, and related environmental sectors. Nearly all electric power that is generated in Manitoba is generated from renewable resources.
- Manitoba is leading the country in geothermal heat pump installations, has made dramatic investments in wind power and has the most aggressive biodiesel strategy in Canada.
Toll free: 1-886-444-4207
Manitoba Environmental Industries Association Inc.Web: www.meia.mb.ca
- Manitoba Companies Directory
- Manitoba Business Facts
- Business & the Environment (MTI)
- Sustainability Report - Manitoba Conservation
- Business & the Environment - Growing Together