Growth, Enterprise and Trade
Information & Communications Technologies (ICT) & Digital Media
Manitoba is home to a thriving ICT sector that serves the world. Manitoba has over 1,500 companies operating in the ICT sector, with approximately 80% of these firms located in Winnipeg. The industry is supported by an extensive network of research and development organizations and industry associations.
- Winnipeg offers a diverse supply of over 22,000 workers in specialized ICT occupations, over 76,000 workers in business, finance, and administrative occupations, over 1,100 technical sales specialists.
- Manitoba is home to about 125 digital media and gaming companies that together employ a workforce of 600 developers and workers in related occupations. Revenues in Winnipeg’s gaming industry grew by over 850% between 2007 and 2010.
- Major ICT firms including IBM, HP, and EDS have centres of operation in Winnipeg and the city is the headquarters of one of Canada’s largest telecommunications network providers: MTS Allstream.
Ms. Cindy Hodges
Science, Innovation and Business Development
Manitoba Growth, Enterprise and Trade
Web site: www.gov.mb.ca/jec/busdev/sibd/
- Manitoba Companies Directory
- Manitoba Business Facts
- Information & Communication Technologies Association of Manitoba