MISSION: The Environmental Approvals Branch will ensure that developments are regulated in a manner that protects the environment and public health, and sustains a high quality of life for present and future Manitobans.
The Environmental Approvals carries out its mission by:
- administering development approval requirements of The Environment Act, The Dangerous Goods Handling and Transportation Act, The Public Health Act, and regulations under these acts including The Livestock Manure and Mortalities Management Regulation, The Pesticides Regulation, The Storage and Handling of Petroleum Products and Allied Products Regulation, and The Waste Disposal Grounds Regulation.
- controlling municipal, industrial and hazardous waste sources of pollutants;
- minimizing environmental impact of development proposals;
- minimizing adverse effects to the environment and public health from pesticide use; and
- administering the Water and Wastewater Facility Operators Regulation.
This is accomplished through the activities of three Sections of the Branch.