Manitoba's Network of Protected Areas
Since the start of the Protected Areas Initiative in 1990, the protected areas network has increased from 350,000 hectares to just over 7.1 million hectares today. Approximately 11% of Manitoba is protected.
The Protected Areas Initiative has made significant progress towards representing examples of the biodiversity found across Manitoba. See the
Read more about the newest additions to the protected areas network below.
- Cedar Bog Ecological Reserve
- Lewis Bog Ecological Reserve Expansion
- Ste. Anne Bog Ecological Reserve
- St. Labre Bog Ecological Reserve
- Pelican Islands Ecological Reserve
- Piney Ecological Reserve
- Woodridge Ecological Reserve
- Pembina Valley Provincial Park Expansion
- Kinwow Bay Provincial Park
- Sturgeon Bay Provincial Park
- Red Deer Wildlife Management Area
- Lake Winnipegosis Salt Flats Ecological Reserve Expansion