Parks and Protected Spaces
Plan Your Next Vacation
The Volunteer Campground Host Program
- Are you an experienced camper with a good knowledge about Manitoba’s provincial parks?
- Do you like meeting new people and helping them get the most from their stay in our campgrounds?
- If so, you should register for the Volunteer Campground Host Program.
What is a volunteer campground host? Job DescriptionA volunteer campground host is a camper who performs a variety of duties including:
- Greeting and assisting other campers
- Answering questions
- Listening to comments and distributing information
- Promoting park events
- Directing campers to unique park features
- Reporting violations of park regulations
- Participating in and aiding with Interpretive programming if required
How does the program work?
As a volunteer campground host, you will work with park staff to ensure visitors enjoy their stay in provincial park campgrounds. You must be aware of park rules and regulations and display a volunteer host sign at your campsite when on duty. You will not be required to collect fees, issue park permits or do other tasks normally performed by park staff.
Volunteer campground hosts must be in attendance each weekend from the May long weekend to Labour Day plus a minimum of two weeks in July and two weeks in August.
What’s in it for you?
The program provides an excellent opportunity to spend time promoting the many features of your favourite park. You provide a valuable public service and meet people from all over the world.
In addition, as a volunteer campground host, you will receive:
- A complimentary Employee Vehicle Permit, valid only for the park in which you are hosting
- A complimentary campsite for the season
- Background information on the park
- Hospitality training
Join the Program - Application Form
For more information on the Volunteer Campground Host Program in Manitoba's provincial parks contact:
Parks and Protected Spaces Branch
Box 52, 200 Saulteaux Crescent
toll-free 1-800-214-6497 ext. 3934