Printer Friendly

Manitoba Hunting Guide

Manitoba Conservation Data Centre

Licences and Licensing Information

Big Game and Landowner Elk Draw Licences

Applications for draw licences will be available in April from most Manitoba Conservation and Water Stewardship offices. All applications must be received by 4:30 p.m. on the first Thursday in May.

New in 2015
Credit card payment is now available. Please see the Credit Card Payment form in the Big Game Draw and Landowner Elk Draw Application forms.
New for 2015 Landowner Draw
The landowner is advised to retain a copy of the landowner declaration that is submitted with the Landowner Elk Draw application form for their information. The department will not be supplying copies of the declaration with the awarded licences/tags and it is the landowner's responsibility to ensure they are hunting on the land declared on the submitted declaration form.
2016 Big Game and Landowner Draw
The amount of draw information and details presented in the guides will be reduced in 2016. More complete information will be available on the Wildlife website.

Applicants are advised to review the website and read and understand all the information and conditions of the draw before completing an application.

Paper applications will still be available.

For more information or an application form, see the big game and landowner hunting licence draw procedures.

Two License/One Tag System

Some elk and moose licences are issued on the basis of one tag for two hunters. Each hunter must observe party hunting regulations and must sign the other's hunting licence prior to hunting. If hunting alone, the licensee must be in possession of the game tag.