The Seniors and Healthy Aging Secretariat is part of the department of Healthy Living and Seniors. The Secretariat works with all departments to create an environment within Manitoba that promotes health, independence and well-being of all older Manitobans. The Secretariat provides:
- support to the Minister of Healthy Living and Seniors to ensure the needs and concerns of seniors are reflected through a co-ordinated and comprehensive framework of legislation, public policy and programs.
- a central source of information and referral for seniors and their families, seniors’ organizations and government departments.
- a collaborative approach to working across government, with community groups and the private sector.
- administrative and research support to the Manitoba Council on Aging, an advisory body to the Minister of Healthy Living and Seniors.
- administrative and research support for the Caregiver Advisory Committee, an advisory body to the Minister of Healthy Living and Seniors.
Please contact us at:
1610 - 155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB R3C 3H8
Seniors Information Line:
In Winnipeg: 204-945-6565
back to top