Preventing Elder Abuse
The Manitoba Seniors and Healthy Aging Secretariat established a provincial strategy to help prevent the abuse of older adults. The Provincial Elder Abuse Strategy continues to evolve to meet the needs of our community. Key components include:
- an elder abuse consultant
- a toll-free, 24 hour Seniors Abuse Support Line 1-888-896-7183
- leadership for community/regional response teams
- education and awareness resources
- funded partnerships with community organizations that provide direct services
- support for the Manitoba Network for the Prevention of Abuse of Older Adults.