Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Family Resolution Service’s 379 Broadway location has temporarily moved it’s in-person services to 352 Donald Street. Mail can still be directed to 379 Broadway, however all in-person inquires or families dropping off documents must go to 352 Donald Street.
Please feel free to contact us via phone at 204 945 2313 or toll-free 1 844 808 2313 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Resolution Service
A new single-window Family Resolution Service is being launched in phases to deliver a seamless continuum of public, private and community-based services to Manitobans and support existing and future changes to family law.
How do I contact the Family Resolution Service? Manitobans can access the service by emailing GetGuidance@gov.mb.ca or by calling 204-945-2313 (Winnipeg) or 1-844-808-2313 (toll-free).
What services are available?Services currently available include:
- information, tools and resources found throughout the Family Law Manitoba website;
- the ability to request information or provincial services through a single Get Guidance email and telephone number;
- Early Resolution Support Services (Phase 1 - see diagram) delivered by Family Guides with expertise in domestic violence and safety planning, conflict resolution and mediation, family law and court processes;
- triage and referrals to culturally and linguistically appropriate specialized services, which could include the new Child Support Service, Legal Aid or other private and community financial, legal or health and social services;
- support to complete any pre-requisites for court;
- referral to alternate dispute resolution services such as arbitration, mediation, and collaborative family law and legal services;
- referral to the Child Support Service or court for final decisions and court orders in cases where resolution cannot be reached;
- referral to mental health services and supports such as AbilitiCBT, a new digital therapy program from Morneau Shepell, available to all residents of Manitoba age 16 or older experiencing mild to moderate symptoms of anxiety due to the COVID19 pandemic
- referral to child care options on a short-term and emergent basis when accessing safety support and services or being physically present in court.
What forms should I submit? In most cases, you will be asked to complete the Intake Form to access the Service.
- Family Resolution Service - Intake Form
Your Intake Form can be emailed to a Family Guide along with your question or request for service at GetGuidance@gov.mb.ca
Who can help me complete the form? If you do not feel comfortable answering some of the questions or need help completing them please contact a Family Guide for support and guidance at GetGuidance@gov.mb.ca or call: 204-945-2313 (Winnipeg) or 1-844-808-2313 (toll-free).
Are services delivered online, over the phone and in-person? Yes, services are available primarily online, but are also available over the phone and in-person where needed.
What do Family Guides do? Family Guides answer questions and provide guidance on navigating family law systems and process, they help families reach agreement through mediation, and they can support safety planning for those experiencing domestic violence while going through separation or divorce. Among other forms of support, they aim to connect you to the right place and service quickly.
Who are Family Guides?
Family Guides are familiar with legal and program requirements and have training in assessment, triage, and referral to specialized services. They have specialized expertise in family law, mediation, domestic violence and court processes.