Making Payments

Voluntary Payment

Making voluntary payments is the best way to ensure payments are made on time and benefits you by reducing the need for enforcement actions. Payments must be received by MEP by the due dates and in the amounts set in your support order or agreement.

Once your support order or agreement is registered with MEP, you can pay by:

  • Internet or telephone banking (your financial institution can assist you or see Making Online Payments here );
  • Pre-authorized withdrawals directly from your bank account (Pre-Authorized Debit form available here);
  • Money orders or bank drafts (payable to Province of Manitoba – Minister of Finance) with your file number;
  • In person with cash or by debit card;
  • Wire transfers. Please contact MEP to discuss this option.

Keeping record of your payments

MEP keeps a payment record for all files. However, MEP encourages families to keep and regularly review their own records and their MEP Statement of Account to check the status of their file. Errors may be reported by email to ManitobaMEPinquiries@gov.mb.ca. Additional information is available on the Definitions webpage.

MEP does not issue tax receipts but yearly payment records for tax purposes are available upon request.

Direct payments to the support recipient

All payments are required to be made through MEP and not directly to the support recipient after registering.

If you have made a direct payment, please provide proof of the payment to MEP; we will contact the support recipient for confirmation and adjust your file accordingly. If a direct payment cannot be confirmed, the support payor may be required to make the same payment twice.

If you are having difficulties making your payments because of a change in circumstances, please contact MEP to discuss your situation and options before enforcement action is taken. Some options available to you are: