Maintenance Enforcement Program

100-352 Donald Street, Winnipeg, MB, R3B 2H8

The Maintenance Enforcement Program (MEP) is authorized by The Family Maintenance Act to administer the spousal and child support obligations under the terms of a Court Order or Agreement. Once an Order or Agreement has been registered with the Program, maintenance payments that the Debtor/Payor would normally remit directly to the Creditor/Payee must be sent to the Program. The Program processes the payment, maintains an accounting record of the payment(s) and forwards the payment to the payee/creditor.

The Creditor/Payee is the person receiving the support payments. The Debtor/Payor is the person paying the support. 

Avoid Late Fees and Administrative Costs (pdf, 146kb)
Late Payment Information (pdf, 24.4kb)
Direct Deposit Form
Direct Deposit Exemption Form (pdf, 52.5kb)
Fax and E Mail Authorization


Making payments – Debtors

If you are a debtor, visit this site to learn more about making maintenance support payments.

Voluntary Payment Options:

MEP does not accept personal cheques.

Receiving payments – Creditors
The Maintenance Enforcement Program is set up to monitor and enforce court orders and separation agreements requiring payment of maintenance support to ensure the well-being of children and other dependents. If you are a recipient, visit this page by clicking the link above to learn more about receiving maintenance support payments.

Registering with the MEP

Please complete and submit the completed documents as indicated in Registration Information

Registration Information
Opt In Form
Statutory Declaration Arrears
Completing a Statutory Declaration
Identification Form
Opt Out Form

The quickest and most secure way to receive payment is by Direct Deposit. If you are receiving payments/cheques by mail, please sign up for Direct Deposit to avoid any disruption to receiving payments during any Canada Post mail service disruption.

Direct Deposit Form

Client Resources

Legal Resources

There are several resources available to clients that are seeking legal advice about their current support order terms.

Legal Aid Manitoba

Legal Help Center

  • If you are representing yourself you may be able to get information, advice or referrals from the Legal Help Centre. The Legal Help Centre offers workshops which are of interest to people who are representing themselves in a variety of different legal matters (note that you must register for workshops) and also offers a Drop in Clinic (no registration required).
  • The Legal Help Centre is located in Portage Place, 202 – 393 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 3H6. Their phone number is (204)-258-3096.

Family Justice Resource Center

The Family Justice Resource Centre is a new service provided by Manitoba Justice.

Staff can direct you to the services you and your family may need to deal with family law issues. For example:How do I get child support?

  • How do I get custody or access to my child?
  • How do I find a lawyer?
  • How do I get a legal separation?
  • How do I file for divorce?
  • What can I do if I can’t afford a lawyer?

Information is free and confidential.

Community Legal Education Center

  • The Community Legal Education Association’s Law Phone-in and Lawyer Referral Program will refer you to a lawyer who practices family law and who will provide a free half-hour consultation.
  • The Program will also provide basic legal information over the phone, free of charge.
  • The number in Winnipeg is (204)943-2382 or toll-free outside Winnipeg 1-800-262-8800.
  • For a referral to a lawyer only, you can also call (204)943-3602.
  • If you would like to receive a referral by e-mail you can contact the Program at info@communitylegal.mb.ca

Interjurisdictional Resources

If you have questions about making an application for support or applying to change a support order and either you or the other party live in Manitoba and the other party lives outside Manitoba, you may send an email enquiry to: ISOQuestions@gov.mb.ca

General Resources (Please note that these resource contact are for general information, forms etc., and staff are unable to provide you with legal advice).

Court of Queen’s Bench

408 York Ave
Winnipeg MB R3C 0P9
Ph #: 204-945-0344
General Website
Video Library Website
Variation of Child Support Order Resources and Video

Child Support Recalculation Service

201-373 Broadway
Winnipeg MB R3C 4S4
Ph #: 204-945-2293
Toll Free #: 800-282-8069 Ext:2293
Fax #: 204-948-2423

Federal Department of Justice

Child Support Guidelines

Ph #: 888-373-2222
Website - http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/fl-df/child-enfant/ft-tf.html

Family Orders and Agreements Enforcement Assistance Act (FOAEA)

Federal Support Deduction Notices – attachment of Income Tax, GST, Employment Insurance, CPP and OAS
Ph #: 800-267-7777
Website - http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/F-1.4/index.html
Income Tax Filing Services (Hyperlink to reference sheet)

Canada Revenue Agency

  • If you would like copies of your tax returns you can obtain them by:
    • Viewing your tax return Information though the “My Account for Individual” feature on the website http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/esrvc-srvce/tx/psssrvcs/menu-eng.html
    • Calling the telephone enquiries service and asking that information be mailed to you. You can call 1-800-959-8281 for service in English and 1-800-959-7383 for service in French.

Manitoba Public Insurance

Main Floor – 234 Donald St.
Winnipeg MB R3C 1M8
Ph #: 204-985-0980
Website: www.mpi.mb.ca

Manitoba Justice

Manitoba Laws and Regulations

  • Manitoba laws and regulations can be accessed via the internet at: www.gov.mb.ca/laws
  • You can also access user friendly versions of many commonly used court documents at: http://web2.gov.mb.ca/laws/rules/forms_e.php
  • Note that the forms for which user friendly versions are available are marked with an asterisk (*)

Community Resource Guide

Family Conciliation Services

Family Law in Manitoba