Criminal Property Forfeiture

Administrative Forfeiture of Property

The administrative forfeiture process begins with a Notice of Administrative Forfeiture Proceedings. This notice can be in the form of a letter, a published notice in a Manitoba newspaper or a notice posted on the Manitoba Justice website. Anyone who claims to have an interest in the property is given the opportunity to respond to the proceedings by filing a Notice of Dispute within the time allowed.

If a Notice of Dispute is filed, the administrative process cannot be used. If a Notice of Dispute is not received, the property is forfeited to the government without further notice.

Review a current list of properties subject to administrative forfeiture.

If you have an interest in property subject to administrative forfeiture and wish to dispute the forfeiture, you must file a Notice of Dispute. Here is a link to information on the dispute process..