Fall camping

Enjoy Free Park Entry with a Cultural Access Pass

Manitoba Parks, together with the Institute for Canadian Citizenship, are encouraging new citizens to discover Canadian culture and Manitoba’s provincial parks. You are invited to get outside for adventure and to make lifelong memories at over 50 provincial parks across Manitoba.

What is a Cultural Access Pass?

New Canadian citizens explore, travel, and discover Canada during their first year of citizenship with the ICC’s Cultural Access Pass ©® (CAP). The only program of its kind in the world, CAP provides members with free admission to more than 1,300 of Canada’s premier cultural attractions and discounts on travel.

Who is eligible for a Cultural Access Pass?

Any person who has received their Canadian citizenship within the last 365 days and is 18 years of age or older is eligible for CAP. Each eligible adult should register for their own CAP membership card at culturalaccesspass.ca. Children (17 years of age or younger) can participate in the program by accompanying a CAP member (who is their parent). Children under the age of 18 are not eligible for their own card.

How do I use my Cultural Access Pass in Manitoba's parks?

The Cultural Access Pass (CAP) allows you free admission at participating CAP attractions.  Manitoba’s provincial parks usually charge a vehicle entrance fee in the form of a Park Vehicle Permit. The annual park vehicle permit for Manitoba’s provincial parks is called the Explorer Pass.

Special Offer for Cultural Access Pass Members: Cultural Access Pass members with a valid membership card will be given one annual Explorer Pass at no charge. This gives CAP members free vehicle entry into over 50 of Manitoba’s provincial parks. Explorer Passes are valid for one year beginning on May 1 and ending on April 30 of the following year.

How to Obtain an Explorer Pass

CAP members are asked to pick-up their free Explorer Pass before visiting Manitoba’s provincial parks.  An annual park Explorer Pass may be obtained in person at:

In Winnipeg:

Travel Manitoba Visitor Information Centre
The Forks Market

Open year round.
7 Days per Week 9:00 am to 5:00 pm

A valid CAP card and photo identification must be shown to receive an Explorer Pass.

Outside of Winnipeg:
Please mail or fax:

  • Your name
  • A copy of your valid (ex: not expired) CAP card
  • A copy of your photo ID
  • Your return mailing address
  • Your phone number or email address

Mail to:
Manitoba Parks and Protected Spaces Branch
Box 52 — 200 Saulteaux Crescent
Winnipeg, MB
Canada   R3J 3W3

Or fax to: 204-945-0012

Park Explorer Passes will be sent by Canada Post. Please allow three-to-six weeks for delivery.

How to get a Cultural Access Pass

Get your Cultural Access Pass and enjoy free visits to Manitoba provincial parks.