Kelsey Generating Station

Kelsey Generating Station The Kelsey Generating Station was built on the upper arm of the Nelson River in northern Manitoba between 1957 and 1961 to supply the International Nickel Company's (INCO) mining and smelting operations in the Moak Lake and Mystery Lake areas. Kelsey was also built to supply electricity to the City of Thompson. Six years after completion, the generating station was linked to the province's electrical system.

Kelsey is located 680 kilometres by air from Winnipeg, and was the first Manitoba Hydro generating station to be built on the Nelson River. It is about 137 km upstream from the Kettle Generating Station.

Licences:
Support Documentation:
Reports and Environmental Studies: