Using Mobile Devices in Emergencies
Mobile devices and cell phones can be valuable in emergencies.
- Store emergency contact numbers (ex: family, friends, police, fire, gas, hydro) so you can find them quickly.
- Follow the Manitoba government on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MBGov and Facebook at www.facebook.com/ManitobaGovernment for the latest wildfire updates and information.
- Up-to-date highway information is available at www.manitoba511.ca on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MBGovRoads or by calling 511.
- Make sure you have a charger or a car charger and an extra battery in your emergency kit.
- For more information read this Using Mobile Devices in Emergencies. (pdf, 68KB)