Manitoba Disabilities Issues Office
Please visit www.AccessibilityMB.ca for more information about The Accessibility for Manitobans Act and creating an Accessibility Plan.
About the Disabilities Issues Office (DIO)
Our vision is a fully accessible Manitoba, where all abilities are valued, diversity and independence are celebrated, barriers are removed and human rights are protected.
Mission: The DIO was established to support the Province of Manitoba in promoting the participation of persons with disabilities as full citizens in all aspects of society within the framework of public policy and programs of the provincial government.
- supports the Minister responsible for Persons
with Disabilities in ensuring the development of disability inclusive policies
- supports accessibility legislation in Manitoba, serving as the Secretariat to the Accessibility Advisory
Council and promoting accessibility legislation throughout Manitoba
- identifies and helps address issues to enhance government initiatives affecting persons with disabilities
- promotes positive attitudes about disability to help make Manitoba a more inclusive society for persons with disabilities
- supports communication between the disability
community and government through regular consultation
- focuses on long term policy change.
The DIO is guided in its work by the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
Email or call us at:
Manitoba Government Inquiry