International Education

International Students


People from countries around the world choose to immigrate to the Canadian province of Manitoba. Our strong economy, beautiful land and friendly people give opportunities for better jobs and richer family life. Most immigrants arrive through the Manitoba government's Provincial Nominee Program for Skilled Workers (MPNP).  Students who want to stay in Manitoba after graduation to live and work are invited to apply to the MPNP as Working Graduates. The MPNP is your expedited path to permanent resident status.

Working graduates:

International Students are eligible to apply if they:

  • graduated from an authorized education or training program at a Manitoba post-secondary school
  • possess a valid post-graduation work permit
  • have been offered a permanent job by a Manitoba employer for whom they’ve been working at least six months

International student graduates who studied in another Canadian province may still be eligible to apply to the MPNP. However, you must have been working for your Manitoba employer for at least one year.
International students are not only welcome to stay in Manitoba; they can also find many benefits to immigrating, such as the Manitoba Tuition Fee Income Tax Rebate. If you graduated with a degree, diploma or certificate and now work and pay taxes in Manitoba, you can receive a 60% income tax rebate on eligible tuition fees to a maximum of $25,000. For more information click here.

For more information on immigration opportunities, please visit
International Students who have graduated from eligible studies in Canada can also apply for permanent residency under the Canadian Experience Class program. If you have at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada and gained your work experience with the proper work or study authorization, you can apply while working in Canada – or – within one year of leaving your job in Canada.

Information on the program can be found here:

top of page

Share This