Civil engineering students can complete their degree within 4 - 5 years. The school term runs from September until the end of April. This allows for approximately 3 - 4 work terms from May until the end of August. After graduating from Civil Engineering, students are able to apply for a 4 year E.I.T (engineer-in-training) internship* with MI ( *can be less depending on work experiences).
- Engineer In Training (EIT) Program (PDF, 1.68 MB)
- Manitoba Infrastructure Civil Engineering Co-operative Education Program (PDF, 164 KB)
University of Manitoba / Lakehead University
- Students enrolled in an Engineering program are eligible for hire for co-op work terms throughout the program. These co-op terms are approximately 4 months each during the summer for the duration of their program.
- Wages for co-op students range from $18.79 to $22.13 per hour and average approx between $12,000 and $13,000 plus overtime for a 4 month term.
- Upon completion of the program, students are eligible for Full-time employment as an Engineer-in-training (EIT).
- Competition and offers contingent on graduation (Engineer 1 – $48,909 to $62,148/year)