2014 Manitoba Spring Road Restrictions (SRR)
Notice for Zone 1 (March 28): 2014 Spring Road Restrictions will commence at 6:00 a.m. on Friday, April 4, 2014
Notice for Zone 2 (March 28): 2014 Spring Road Restrictions will commence at 6:00 a.m. on Monday, April 7, 2014
NOTICE: All Grain to be considered "Essential Commodities" during Spring Road Restrictions
The purpose of Spring Road Restrictions is to protect Manitoba's surfaced highways from damage during spring thaw conditions by reducing allowable weights. In consultation with those affected by these weight reductions, Manitoba Infrastructure and Transportation has revised its policies and procedures to reflect current transportation trends and to help improve trip planning.
General guidelines to Spring Road Restrictions are provided here. Please refer to The Highway Traffic Act and Spring Road Restriction Bulletins for specific details.
Notification of Affected Highways
The Spring Road Restriction Order, identifying affected roadways, is made available in the fall and again in February prior to the restrictions implementation date.
Please check regularly for changes throughout the restriction period. Delays to the start date will be communicated via this web site and the Road Information Line .
- Web site: Refer to this web site often for bulletins and updates, tire calculation charts, the SRR Map and more.
- Road Information Line: Information will be available through a verbal description of road restrictions at 1-204-945-3704, or 1-877-MBRoads (1-877-627-6237).
Advertisements announcing that the Spring Road Restrictions Order are available, and information on how to obtain it will be published in the fall and in February prior to the restrictions start date in the following publications:
- La Liberte
- Winnipeg Free Press
- Winnipeg Sun
- Brandon Sun
For further information, please contact any of the following:
- Manitoba Infrastructure and Transportation Office
- Manitoba Weigh Stations
- Permit Services: 1-204-945-3961 or toll-free at 1-877-812-0009
- Motor Carrier Enforcement: 1-204-945-3890