Manitoba Municipal Heritage Site No. 194

 
 

St. Joachim Roman Catholic Church
107 rue Principale,
La Broquerie

St. Joachim Roman Catholic Church

Designation Date: February 23, 2000
Designation Authority: R.M. of La Broquerie
Present Owner: Paroisse St-Joachim

St. Joachim Roman Catholic Church, built in 1898 and dedicated in 1901, is an excellent example of French Catholic church architecture. Dominating the village of La Broquerie, its towering spire and heavily articulated brick work are exemplary. The church is a symbol of local dedication and the use of local materials. Construction was carried out by volunteers from the parish and was supervised by the local priest, Father Alexandre Giroux. The bricks were all made by hand from nearby clay deposits and the wood was cut locally.

Return to list by Site Name or by Area