Manitoba Heritage Council Commemorative Plaques

4-H Clubs of Canada

 4-H Clubs of Canada-plaq0005
(Courtesy of the Archives of Manitoba)

Installed 1962
Roland Memorial Hall
45 3rd Street
Roland

Commemorating those persons whose faith and interest in rural youth led to the establishment at Roland in 1913 of the first Canada's Boys' and Girls' Clubs, known since 1952 as the 4-H Clubs. Fifty years after those first beginnings, members of Canadian Clubs, together with 4-H members throughout the world, continue to pledge Head, Heart, Hands, and Health to the greater service of their Clubs, Communities and Countries.