Increasing Access to Capital in Manitoba
The objective of Financial Services is to encourage and facilitate entrepreneurial and employment opportunities within the Province through the establishment of new businesses or the expansion/retention of existing Manitoba businesses.
How We Achieve Our Objectives:
The Branch promotes increased access to capital for industry by serving as a principal source of financial advice and assistance for businesses to expand or locate in Manitoba. In addition to delivery and administration of financial programs for the department, the Branch develops and administers a number of third party delivered pools of risk capital.
Small Business Venture Capital Tax Credit Program
Formerly the Community Enterprise Investment Tax Credit Program (CEITC)
Preamble to the application:
- Businesses and investors should read the appropriate legislation and regulation pertaining to the Small Business Venture Capital Tax Credit.
(See links at the bottom of this page)
- Businesses and investors should seek the appropriate legal or tax advice.
- Applications will be available on this website on Monday, May 17, 2010.
- Applications for 2010 will be accepted by the Department starting on, Monday, May 31, 2010.
- For the first week (beginning Monday, May 31, 2010 and ending Friday, June 4, 2010) applications must be delivered in person or by courier to Suite 1040 – 259 Portage Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba; between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:00 pm.
- After June 4, 2010, applications may also be sent to the Department by fax to 204-945-1193, electronic mail to email@example.com, or regular mail.
- Applicants may apply to issue up to the life time limit of $5,000,000 in Eligible Investments in a given year; however, the Department may initially limit its approval to less than $5,000,000 in Eligible Investments. The applicant may request to issue the remainder of its $5,000,000 Eligible Investment life time limit subject to:
- the program's annual approval limit of $33,000,000 not being reached;
- the applicant making its request prior to the expiry of its initial approval;
- the applicant still meeting the criteria of an eligible small business corporation; and
- all of the applicant's initial approval to issue Eligible Investments has been fully subscribed,
- Applicants should note that the Department may require additional information and documentation to determine the applicant’s eligibility to issue shares as an Eligible Investment.
- The Department may only consider complete applications.
- No securities regulatory authority has evaluated or endorsed the merits of this investment.
- The issuance of the tax credit receipt is not an endorsement of this investment by the Manitoba Government.