Health, Seniors and Active Living
Pharmacare Deductible Estimator
The Pharmacare deductible for the 2017/2018 benefit year is calculated as follows:
- The total income is determined from line 150* of your 2015 Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Notice of Assessment.
- The applicant's total income is added to the total income of a spouse (if applicable).
- *If you and your spouse elected to split pension income, the line 150 amount is reduced by the split pension amount indicated on line 210 to ensure the pension income transferred is not included twice in a family's total income.
- $3,000.00 is subtracted from the total income for a spouse and each dependant under the age of 18 years. This amount equals to the Adjusted Total Family Income.
- The Adjusted Total Family Income is multiplied by the corresponding
percentage rate in the chart below to determine the Pharmacare deductible.
Please note: The minimum deductible for Pharmacare is $100. Once the deductible is met, Pharmacare will pay 100% of eligible prescription drug expenses.
Adjusted Total Family Income
Pharmacare Deductible Rate
$0 - $15,000
Please enter your information in the boxes below to estimate your Pharmacare deductible. This information is strictly for the purpose of this calculation and will not be recorded.
1PENSION INCOME SPLITTING - If you AND your spouse have elected to split pension income, please include the amount from line 210 of your 2015 Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) income tax return or of your 2015 CRA Option C Summary Report. You may request an Option C Summary Report from the Canada Revenue Agency by contacting them at 1-800-959-8281.
|Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living
Provincial Drug Programs
300 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 3M9
Toll free: 1-800-297-8099
TTY/TDD Relay Service: 204-774-8618 outside Winnipeg: 711 or 1-800-855-0511