New Appointees to Health Professions Advisory Council
Two new appointees have been named to the Health Professions Advisory Council. The Council is pleased to welcome:
- Bev Ann Murray – a consultant with broad experience gained in academia, direct service, and middle and senior management in the fields of health care and social services.
- John Harvie – a partner with the law firm Myers Weinberg LLP, practising in the areas of administrative law, child protection, criminal litigation, civil litigation and Aboriginal law.
Health Professions Advisory Council
The new Health Professions Advisory Council has been established with the proclamation of the relevant sections of The Regulated Health Professions Act into force effective June 1, 2011.
June 1, 2011 News Release
The first members of the Council are:
- Neil Duboff (chair) – a commercial law lawyer with Duboff Edwards Haight and Schachter of Winnipeg;
- David Schellenberg – a professional social worker and community volunteer in Winnipeg;
- Lynne Fineman – a registered social worker holding a masters degree in social work, with extensive experience in health and social services and patient advocacy
A group of persons representing a health profession who wish to be regulated under The Regulated Health Professions Act must apply for such designation. Information about the application process and submission requirements can be accessed here:
Application Process for Requests for Self-Regulation under The Regulated Health Professions Act