Growth, Enterprise and Trade
Small Business Venture Capital Tax Credit Program (SBVCTC)
Formerly the Community Enterprise Investment Tax Credit Program (CEITC)
Preamble to the application:
Businesses and investors should read the Guiding Principles as well as the appropriate legislation and regulation pertaining to the Small Business Venture Capital Tax Credit. (See links at the bottom of this page)
Businesses and investors should seek the appropriate legal or tax advice.
Applications may be submitted in-person, by mail, courier, fax or email to:
SBVC Tax Credit Program
Suite 1040 – 259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg Manitoba R3B 3P4
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Office hours are 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday
Applicants may apply to issue eligible shares up to the lifetime limit of $10,000,000 in Eligible Investments in a given year; however, the Department may initially limit its approval to less than $10,000,000 in Eligible Investments. The applicant may request to issue the remainder of its $10,000,000 Eligible Investment lifetime limit, subject to:
- the program's annual share issuance limit of $22,000,000 not being reached;
- the applicant making its request prior to the expiry of its initial approval;
- the applicant still meeting the criteria of an eligible small business corporation; and
- all of the applicant's initial approval to issue Eligible Investments is fully subscribed,
- Applicants should note that the Department may require additional information and documentation to determine the applicant’s eligibility to issue shares as an Eligible Investment.
The Department may consider only complete applications.
No securities regulatory authority has evaluated or endorsed the merits of this investment.
The issuance of the tax credit receipt is not an endorsement of this investment by the Manitoba Government.