Manitoba elicensing




What is a customer account?

A customer account is a unique one-time account set up to provide access to purchase Manitoba licences, permits and future applications. The account is used to verify eligibility and provide contact information.

What is a customer ID number?

A customer ID number is a unique identification number for each person who purchases a licence within the elicensing system. Your customer ID number is used for all hunting and angling licences and park vehicle permit purchases.

How do I get a customer ID number?

Your customer ID number is created when your account is set up. To create an account, click on the "Create Account" on the home page and follow the prompts. The ID number is automatically generated.

There are three ways to set up an account and get your customer ID number.

  • Self Service elicensing App - general public access to an online system through a computer (e.g. at home, mobile phone, tablet, etc.)
  • Vendors include participating retailers and government offices.
  • Call Centre - 8 am to 9 pm, 7days per week for those individuals who do not have online connectivity however who can pay by credit card.

What if I forget my password?

If you forget your password, password reset information will be sent to the email address attached to your account. Visit the My Account page on the website and follow prompts regarding "Forgot my password".

What if I forgot my customer ID number?

Your customer ID number is printed on all licences and is available through your customer account. If you have forgotten your customer ID number do not create a second account. Remember, any identification number included in your account can be used to look up your account (e.g. Manitoba Driver's Licence).

What information do I need to provide to create an account?

To create an account the following basic information must be provided.

  • Name
  • Date of birth
  • Address (mailing and home address)
  • Phone number
  • Email Address
  • At least one identification number (used for the purpose of looking up your account if you misplace your customer ID number)
  • And other forms of identification

Please note: additional information will be requested depending on the type of licence you are purchasing. For example, hunting licences requires a Hunter Education Certificate number or certificate from the Manitoba Wildlife Federation to verify your qualifications.

Do I need a new customer ID number each year?

No. Once created, the customer ID number must be used for future purchases of licences and permits subject to eligibility requirements. Do not create a duplicate account.

Do I need a new customer ID number if I change residency?

No, you do not create a new account; you are able to edit and update your account information as required (for example, Name, mailing address, email address, phone number).

How do I create a customer account?

You will be able to create your customer account through the elicensing website once it is available. You start by selecting the Create Account option at the top of the screen to set up your customer account.

If I don't have an email address can I buy a licence at a retailer?

If you do not have an email address, you can purchase a licence by contacting the Help Desk at 1-800-214-6497 and we will mail it to you. You will need a credit card.

It is recommended that you purchase your Park Vehicle Permits seven (7) days prior to your planned arrival if ordering a permit by phone to ensure you receive your permit by mail in time for your park visit.

Is there an administration fee when purchasing an elicence?

Yes, in addition to current base licence fees, the administration fee will be $4.50. All licences or permits purchased will include the administration fee. An exception to this is the "Manitoba Resident Seniors Conservation Licence", which will be free of charge.

Back to top


What are the processes for buying a licence or permit?

You can a purchase a licence or permit online, at a participating retailer or over the telephone by calling the Help Desk at 1-800-214-6497.

When are licences and permits available to purchase?

Some licences and permits that are required for the licence year are available to purchase Spring 2020. Other licenses and permits will only be available during certain times of the year depending on the season. For more information, please visit

Do I need to print out my licence or permit?

Yes, angling licences and park vehicle permits must be printed.

Can I purchase a licence with my mobile phone?

Yes, you can access your web account and purchase licences through your mobile device. However, some licences require a printed copy and must be available upon request by a Conservation Officer or displayed appropriately.

Do I need a credit card to purchase a licence over the phone?

Yes, a valid credit card is required to purchase any licence over the phone.

Can I use someone else's email address?

No, the email will be attached to the person being issued the licence as a one email address per one customer relationship (1:1).

Will the Angling Manitoba Resident Senior licences be free or will there be a cost to purchase?

Senior Angling Licences will be free of charge.

What licences do I need to go migratory bird hunting in Manitoba?

During the regular fall migratory game bird hunting season you must have a Manitoba game bird hunting licence and the federal migratory game bird hunting permit and stamp. If you are 65 years of age or older, you do not require the Manitoba game bird hunting licence.

During the Spring Conservation White Goose Season, all hunters require a Spring Conservation Snow and Ross's Goose Licence (no charge) and the previous years federal migratory game bird hunting permit and stamp.

The federal migratory game bird permit and stamp is available at most Canada Post offices, some private vendors/retailers, as well as online at

I am hunting through a licensed outfitter or lodge, how do I get my big game licence?

Contact the licensed outfitter or lodge who will be responsible for your big game licence.

You may purchase your angling or bird licences prior to your arrival to the lodge if you plan to fish or hunt for game birds. Outfitters and lodges will not be able to purchase your angling or game bird licences for you.

Back to top


Do I require game tags to purchase a big game licence?

Yes. You must receive your game tags prior to purchasing a licence. Game Tags will also be available at participating retailers and district offices.

Where can I get my game tags?

Order game tags online from or select participating retailers.

Are tag licences printed on a piece of regular paper?

No, the tags will be printed on a durable material that can withstand the weather and elements.

What do I do when I receive my game tags?

When you receive your game tags, you login into the elicensing system (or by phone). You will need to enter a game tag number to activate the licence. All other hunting requirements are required and will be captured in the customer profile.

Can I use my game tags for another year?

Yes, if you have not activated your game tag, game tags can be used in subsequent years. Once activated, the game tag is considered used and cannot be re-used or transferred.

Can I give my game tags to someone else if I don't use them?

Yes, if the game tag is not linked to a licence, it can be transferred to another hunter for use. However, the hunter must link the game tag to a valid licence in order for that licence to be purchased.

What is the process to get a Game Tag?

When you log into the system (or contact the Help Desk by phone) you will be asked to enter a game tag number to activate the licence. All other hunting requirements will be captured in the customer profile.

You must have a game tag to purchase a Big Game and/or Wild Turkey Licence whether by ordering online, at a retailer, or by phone through the Help Desk)

  1. You can pre-order game tags online free of charge. They will be mailed to you based on your profile address (Please allow 5-7 business days for delivery)
  2. In the event you cannot pre-order tags online, you can go to a Manitoba Conservation and Climate office or retailer that is participating in the Manitoba elicensing system to acquire them.

Back to top


What is the Big Game Draw?

The Big Game Draw is a lottery system for allocating a limited number of available licences to hunters when demand exceeds available hunting opportunities. Applications are randomly drawn. Applicants must be residents of Manitoba.

How do I apply for the Big Game Draw?

The Big Game Draw will be available to complete online through the elicensing system.

Will the Big Game Draw applications be available to be completed online?


For Landowner Elk Draw, will I have to provide documentation to identify that I am a resident (through the resident verification process)?

You would have to certify residency by selecting the options provided in the elicensing system.

How will the first-come, first-serve caribou tags work with this system?

  1. Customers will need to create a profile and meet all hunting requirements.
  2. Customers will also need to have a game tag in advance to enter when they purchase the licence online. This links the licence to the game tag.
  3. When caribou licences become available online (on the specific date noted in the hunting guide), customers will need to log in to the system and go through the sales process to purchase a licence.
  4. Licences will be issued on a first-come, first-serve basis until the number of caribou licences available are sold.

Will hunters and trappers be required to enter their Hunter Safety Certificate number, prior to purchasing a licence?

Yes, the customer will be asked to:


  1. Provide a certificate number for their hunter's education along with the issuing State/Province/Country. The certificate number will be added to the customer's profile and the customer will not be prompted anymore.

  2. If the customer does not have the Certificate Number in hand, they must ATTEST that they do possess such a certificate issued by a specific country/state/province. The system will continue to prompt the customer for the hunter's education with every relevant purchase until a certificate number is entered.

Back to top


What do I need to be a vendor?

To participate in the new system, all retailers/vendors will be required to meet and agree to the following basic requirements:

  • Have a computer, high speed internet connection and a printer (capable of printing 8.5" x 11" paper)
  • Provide a valid e-mail address
  • Enter into a contractual agreement with the Manitoba government and provide banking information to allow for weekly Electronic Fund Transfers (EFT), and
  • Have a current vendor account in good standing.

Will manual licenses be available to retailers/vendors when elicensing system is implemented?

No, once the elicensing system is fully activated, there will be no more manual licences issued.

How will I receive the retailer software to be a retailer/vendor?

  • Retailers will access Aspira One using a standard web browser (or mobile device) for Production login
  • The only piece of software that will have to be installed on retailer's PCs will be the DIA - Aspira One Device Integration Application (This application is required to properly work with printers and other peripheral devices, such as scanners (if applicable)).
  • The DIA application is downloaded from Aspira One Launch Pad website (links will be provided)
  • Retailers would only need to download and install a new version of DIA if there is a specific change in the release they need (or in case of any critical patches and updates)

Back to top


Where can I purchase a Park Vehicle Permit or Park Bus Permit to enter into Provincial Parks?

There are three ways to purchase a Park Vehicle Permit.

  • Manitoba elicensing website - general public access to an online system through a computer (e.g. at home, mobile phone, tablet, etc.)
  • Vendors include participating retailers and government offices.
  • By phone through the elicensing help desk - 8 am to 9 pm, 7days per week for those individuals who do not have online connectivity however who can pay by credit card.

What information do I need to buy a Park Vehicle Permit online?

You will be required to set up an account and the correct licence plate number. Park Vehicle Permits are only valid for the date(s) and licence plate(s) listed on the permit.

Note: If at the time of purchasing your annual park vehicle permit, you only list one licence plate number, a second licence plate number can be added by contacting 1-800-214-6497.

Are licence plate numbers changeable?

No, once Park Vehicle Permits are purchased they cannot be transferred. One vehicle licence plate number is allowed on a daily or casual (3-day) permit. Two vehicle licence plate numbers are allowed on an annual park vehicle permit.

Note: If at the time of purchasing your annual park vehicle permit, you only list one licence plate number, a second licence plate number can be added by contacting 1-800-214-6497.

Can I purchase a Park Vehicle Permit for another person through my elicensing account?

Yes, you can purchase park vehicle permits for another person as long as you have their license plate to add to the park vehicle permit through your account.

How many licence plates can I register on one vehicle permit?

For Annual Park Vehicle Permits, = 2 licence plates

For a daily (1 day) or a casual (3 day) permit = 1 licence plate

Can Park Vehicle Permits (Daily/Casual) be pre-purchased?

Yes, you can purchase your Park Vehicle Permit (Daily/Casual/Annual) at any time prior to your trip on-line. In fact, we encourage it. Once you've set up your on-line profile, simply select the type of vehicle permit you wish to purchase, select your date of visit, enter your vehicle licence plate number, print your park vehicle permit and you are ready for your visit. Misplaced your permit? Don't worry, you can re-print it from your account.

Note: While in the park, you must have the print-out of your Park Vehicle Permit displayed in the windshield of your car. It is only valid for the vehicle licence plate number and the date(s) displayed on the permit. It is valid for any of Manitoba's provincial parks.

  • Park Vehicle Permits are a final sale and are non-refundable.
  • Licence plate numbers and dates cannot be changed once the purchase transaction is completed.

Can I print two permits and use in two separate vehicles at the same time for my Annual Permit?

Yes, The Park vehicle passes would only be valid in the vehicle(s) that the licence plate(s) are attached to. The licence plate must be visible in the window for verification by an Officer.

If I obtain a new licence plate, will I need to buy a new park vehicle permit?

Yes, you would require a new park vehicle permit, or add to the existing permit if the option is allowed. (e.g. an annual park vehicle permit that only has one licence plate number currently registered has the capability of having a second licence plate number).

What is considered a bus permit?

Any bus or van that transports more than 10 persons must have a bus entry permit.

What happens if I need to cancel my visit, do not show up or my vehicle broke down on the way and I pre-purchased my vehicle permit?

Unfortunately all permits are non-refundable.