One Move Permits

Please contact the Permit Services Office if you require a permit.


  • issued for a period of five days
  • valid for one trip only
  • return trips may be requested on the same permit


  • any vehicle or load that exceeds the legal weights and dimensions
  • any vehicle or commodity exceeding the dimensions and/or weights allowed under an issued annual permit for the same vehicle or commodity

The following permits are issued on a “One Move” basis only:

  • temporary non-resident trip (IRP)
  • temporary fuel tax (IFTA)
  • temporary operating authority for buses (“for hire” regular route and charter buses)
  • temporary increase in RGVW
  • building/house moves
  • oversize and/or overweight moves on a Winter Road
  • exceptional moves that are not presently covered by Transportation and Infrastructure Regulation and/or policy.

Exception Long Combination Vehicles (LCVs)

  • LCVs cannot operate under a One Move permit
  • LCV carriers/operators must obtain Annual permits for travel in Manitoba, the City of Winnipeg and the City of Brandon


  • permits can be revised for date extensions, changes to the power unit plate and axle weight information (overweight permits only)
  • requests for revisions must be made while the permit is valid
  • revisions cannot be completed once a permit has expired


  • one move permits are issued to the registered owner of the power unit