Requesting Court Documents

Accessing a court file

Access to court files is determined by the courts. For more information, please see the Access to Court Records policy on the Manitoba Courts website.

Obtaining copies of documents from the court file

  • You may attend the court office where the file is located to fill out a Service Request Form. More information about court office locations and file locations is available below.
  • Or, you may download the applicable Service Request Form, fill it out, and submit to the court by email, mail, or in person at the court office where your file is located. Instructions are provided on both sides of the Service Request Form. 


File locations

If you are not certain which court office has your file, call (204) 945-3454 for Provincial Court matters or (204) 945-0344 for Court of King’s Bench matters.

Not all files are kept on-site at court offices. If your last court appearance was more than 3 years ago, your file may be in storage and require several days to be retrieved.

Verifying your identity

You must produce 1 piece of government-issued photo identification, or 2 pieces of non-photo documentation, to show your identity.

  • If you attend the court office, you will need to show the identification to staff.
  • If you mail or email your request form, you must attach an image of your identification.

If you cannot produce the required identification, contact the court office to find out how you can prove your identity.

Court office contact information

The locations of the court offices are available on the Manitoba Courts website.

Court Office Email your Provincial Court Service Request Form to: Email your Court of King’s Bench Service Request Form to: Find out if your file is on-site:
Brandon (204) 726-7114
Dauphin (204) 622-2192
Flin Flon (204) 687–1670
Minnedosa (204) 867-4722
Morden (204) 822-2882
Portage la Prairie (204) 239-3337
Selkirk (204) 785-5077
St. Boniface (204) 945-8010
Steinbach (204) 346-6070
Swan River (204) 734-2252
The Pas (204) 627-8420
Thompson (204) 677-6761
Winnipeg Provincial Court:
(204) 945-3454
Court of King’s Bench:
(204) 945-0344


Court services fee amounts are shown on the front of the Service Request Form, and can be viewed online. For complex requests, such as multiple documents or pages, court staff may contact you to provide a total fee estimate and confirm you wish to proceed with the request.

Requesting copies for a criminal record suspension application

There is an additional step when copies of documents are needed for a criminal record suspension application:

  • Attach a copy of the “criminal record related to civil clearance request” that you received from the police to the Service Request Form. This will allow court staff to verify the correct records are being provided to you.

Also, if your application involves a Court of King’s Bench proceeding in Winnipeg, send the request to Otherwise, use the email address listed in the court office contact information section above.

More information about obtaining a criminal record suspension is available on the Parole Board of Canada website.


This page was updated on July 11, 2023.