Healthy Child Manitoba
Are you expecting a baby? Are you the parent of an infant or a preschool child?
Families First may be for you.
- providing information on health, safety and nutrition
- learning through play
- exploring solutions to challenging situations
- providing information about pregnancy
- getting health care for your family
- connecting to community resources
- supporting healthy growth, development and learning
- building strong family relationships
- sharing information about child development
Families First offers home visiting supports to families with children, from pregnancy to school entry. There is no cost.
Families First is delivered across the province by community public health. First a public health nurse will visit with you to talk about your family. Together you will decide what community resources would be best for your family.
Home visiting may be one of the options available to you. A home visitor will meet with you and your family on a regular basis for up to three years. The home visitor will support you in building a strong relationship with your child and family, while sharing information and suggesting activities to help your child grow up healthy and happy.
See the Families First Brochure
For more information on Families First, contact your community public health office.