Services to Government

Government and Private Sector Archives (GPSA) assists employees of the Manitoba government who need to view records of their department which are in the Archives of Manitoba, either for administrative purposes or to respond to access requests for records which are subject to The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act or other legislation.

Government staff should refer to the following form for requesting access to records that have been transferred to Archives:

Contact Government and Private Sector Archives if you have questions about requesting archival records.

For retrieval and use of government records in semi-active storage at the Government Records Centre, download Government Records Procedure: Retrieving Records (PDF). For more information about the management of government records, records scheduling, and records advisory services to government see Government Recordkeeping.