Archives of Manitoba
First World War Resources
The Archives of Manitoba is commemorating the centenary of the First World War through a variety of projects and initiatives:
- Our blog, “At Home and Away, Remembering the First World War through records at the Archives of Manitoba” features weekly blog posts highlighting records at the Archives from the time of the war.
- The Partial index of Manitoba soldiers killed in the First World War is a searchable index. This electronic index was created from a series of index cards created by the Government of Manitoba for the purpose of documenting Manitoba casualties of the First World War.
- Descriptions of records related to the war are regularly being added to the Keystone database. Researchers interested in the First World War should begin by searching Keystone.
- Digitization projects are targeting records from the First World War, including several collections of soldiers’ letters. These will also be searchable in the Keystone database, as the projects are completed.
- Displays in our foyer will feature reproductions of records from the time of the First World War. Find out more about our current display.