Archives of Manitoba
What happens to my donation?
Once records have been donated to the Archives of Manitoba:
- conservators will treat the records, if necessary,
- archivists will process, arrange and describe the records,
- records will be stored in an archival vault, with appropriate temperature and humidity controls to ensure long-term preservation,
- records remain in the custody of the Archives to ensure their preservation, security and authenticity,
- descriptions of the records will be made available on the Keystone database and
- the records will be used by a variety of users for a variety of purposes, including student papers, published books and articles, historical documentaries, exhibits and many more.
In turn, you will have the satisfaction of having contributed to the growing documented memory of the province of Manitoba!